Mastering Suspense, Structure & Plot Signed Paperback
How to write gripping stories that keep readers on the edge of their seats
Suspense is one of the most powerful tools a writer has for captivating readers–but it isn’t just for thrillers. From mainstream fiction to memoir, suspense creates the emotional tension that keeps readers on the edge of their seats. Mastering Suspense, Structure, & Plot is your hands-on guide to weaving suspense into your narrative. Award-winning author Jane K. Cleland teaches you how to navigate genre conventions, write for your audience, and build gripping tension to craft an irresistible page-turner.
Inside, Cleland will show you how to:
- Implement thirteen no-fail techniques to construct an effective plot and structure for your story
Use Cleland’s Plotting Road Map to add elements of suspense like twists, reversals, and moments of danger
- Write subplots with purpose
- Improve your descriptions, character development, sentence structure, and more
Packed with case studies, exercises, and dozens of examples from best-selling authors, Mastering Suspense, Structure, & Plot is the key to writing suspenseful, engaging stories that leave your readers wanting more.
Acclaim and awards for Mastering Plot Twists include:
- Agatha Award Winner for Best Non-Fiction Book
- Macavity Award Finalist for Best Non-Fiction Book